All Things New
Summary of Catholic Education Consultation Process
At the start of the All Things New initiative, in the fall of 2021, the Office of Catholic Education and Formation began working with Catholic Leadership Institute to develop an efficient educational model in the Archdiocese of St. Louis that is accessible, affordable, strong in Catholic identity, and more equitable towards our teachers. Areas considered included current enrollment and enrollment trends, school capacity, percentage of parish offertory, parish subsidy amount, percentage of school expenses covered by parents (tuition/fees), archdiocesan funding, and location/proximity to other Catholic schools.
As part of the process, the Office of Catholic Education and Formation consulted and collaborated with the following:
- School Advisory Task Force - 25 members representative of pastors, school administrators, catechetical leaders, religious, extended organization members, and school parents
- Parish Planning Committee
- Elementary Finance Committee - Representatives from the Archdiocesan Offices of Strategic Planning, Finance, Human Resources, and Catholic Education and Formation
- Two Financial Consultors appointed by Archbishop Rozanski
The Office of Catholic Education and Formation also received feedback from the following:
- More than 18,000 parents, administrators, teachers, staff, donors, community partners, and volunteers through an online survey that was designed to capture what respondents valued about Catholic education as well as gauge their satisfaction with Catholic education.
Current parish school parents, teachers and staff through separate online surveys open from October 17 through November 1, 2022. The parent survey asks for responses to questions about Catholic identity, class size, physical structure of a school campus, distance from home to school, tuition affordability, and equitable compensation for teachers. The teacher/staff survey includes questions about curriculum and professional development, class size, physical structure of a school campus, and school governance.